’11 Tricks’ is a two part series of videos which will introduce you to some tricks that you must know to present a professional English presentation.
These 11 tricks will help you overcome the fear of presenting and also show you how to prepare correctly.
I will show you the first 5 ’11 Tricks’ in this video.
1. Practice giving your presentation 10 times perfectly in front of a mirror. If you make a mistake, start over. If 10 times is too much, try 2-3 times a day for 3-5 days.
2. Practice at least once a day in front of family; get feedback from them. I recommend family because they’ll be super-honest about your performance.
3. Don’t play with stuff in your hands or pocket; don’t fidget as this’ll make you look nervous.
4. Remember to breathe. Take several deep breaths before you start and consciously remember to breathe during your presentation.
5. Slow down if you feel nervous. Usually we tend to speak faster when nervous, so slow down and breathe.
Video Length: 4 minutes 14 seconds
1. Create a short presentation (3-4 minutes)
2. Practice your presentation over a week.
3. Present to friends or family (video the presentation)
4. Get feedback from your friends and family.
Look out for part 2 next week.
Don’t forget to leave your comments and feedback.