One of the biggest challenges when giving a presentation is sticking to the time limit. All presentations have a time limit and it’s very common for people to go over time. This is incredibly annoying and shows a lack of preparation. So in this video, you’ll learn some strategies to help you better manage your presentation time and you’ll also learn what to do if you start running out of time.
Here are the tips mentioned in the video:
- Don’t tell the audience you’re skipping something because it makes you look unprepared.
- Don’t go faster because again, it will look like you’re unprepared, besides the fact that people will have a harder time understanding you.
- Practice to find out how much time it will take you and always try to finish early. No one ever complained that a presentation finished ahead of time.
- Eliminate unnecessary content from your presentation and just focus on what the audience needs/wants to hear.
- Keep PPT slides simple, without a lot of text so that if you start running out of time, you can spend less time on a slide without the audience knowing you are leaving something out.
Hope those are useful. Please let me know if you have any questions, comments or want to share your experience.